Quantcast

Anyone using iBATIS

Hello AppFuse Community,

I'm thinking of replacing AppFuse's Data Tier with Spring Data, especially because it has NoSQL and REST support. There's a good intro on InfoQ today:

http://www.infoq.com/articles/spring-data-intro

Does anyone see an issue with this? The lack of iBATIS support could be an issue, but I doubt it since if we wanted to continue supporting it, we should move to MyBATIS.

Re: [appfuse-dev] Re: Anyone using iBATIS

Here's a list of what a Roadmap I sketched out in early May. I was hoping to move to smaller, more frequent releases. The dates are obviously wrong. ;)

AppFuse.next

2.2 - May 2012
Hibernate Search
Bootstrap
H5BP

2.3 - June 2012
AMP for all light modules
Wicket
PrimeFaces

2.4 - September 2012
JSR 303 (might require removing or developing client-side support)
Mockito instead of jMock/EasyMock

2.5 - Early November 2012
AMP one-to-many
MyBatis
Hibernate 4

2.6 - December 2012
wro4j for concatenation and minimizing JS and CSS

2.7 - January
Scala example
Gradle example
Article about examples

3.0 - January
GWT

On Aug 16, 2012, at 19:21, Serge Eby <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1 for Spring Data

It would be nice to list out the top 5 new items/features so we can plan on helping out. I know there was an email thread a while back with a wish list but no decision was made.

Cheers,

--
Serge Eby

On Aug 16, 2012, at 7:52 AM, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello AppFuse Community,

I'm thinking of replacing AppFuse's Data Tier with Spring Data, especially because it has NoSQL and REST support. There's a good intro on InfoQ today:

http://www.infoq.com/articles/spring-data-intro

Does anyone see an issue with this? The lack of iBATIS support could be an issue, but I doubt it since if we wanted to continue supporting it, we should move to MyBATIS.

Re: [appfuse-dev] Re: Anyone using iBATIS

jamesmayes
Hi Matt,

I agree with moving to Spring Data, especially for REST.  I am finding myself responsible for delivering the API for more and more projects.  A stable RESTful framework out of the box from AppFuse is very helpful.  The current web services 2.1 snapshot is a chore to get running.  I picked it back up again this week when looking into CORS support just to see where it's gone in the last few months.  (My appfuse 2.0 web service projects are running fine.)

Does Spring Data implement CORS support from the start?  Some quick searches didn't yield that information.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

ICE-MAN-2
Hi all,

"moving to Spring Data" is quite outstanding, fantastic!!! ;-))

And we also get a plus: get ridde of Spring Template. :-[[

So, let's move on!!!

Derlon

2012/9/1 James Mayes <[hidden email]>
[...]

Siga-me no meu blog...
Engenharia de Software:
http://blig.ig.com.br/derlon/

"A inovação vem da destruição criadora."
Yoshihisa Tabushi

Re: [appfuse-dev] Re: Anyone using iBATIS

tibi
just a quick reply to the subject.

no i'm not using ibatis. i use hibernate and only when i need a lot of controle and custom queries i would try ibatis. but up to now hibernate works fine for my 10+ appfuse projects.

keep up the good work!

tibi

On 09/04/2012 04:27 PM, Ice-Man wrote:
[...]

jogaco
It's great there is such a Roadmap to keep AppFuse live and up-to-date on latest technologies.

I'd also like to see additional functionality such as:
    - Optional signup email confirmation / url
    - Password reset by email
    - Minimal requirements for signup: separate account info from personal user info?
    - Pagination
    - Improve on i18n
    - Support security for owned objects: in a multi-user website, each user should only have access to their items
    - Stronger passwd security: salt, min. lenght

Cheers,
J.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Good point!

By the way, I have successfully integrated wro4j for web resource optimization: build-time optimization, in my local appfuse project, including automatic resource versioning. I plan to open a blog and write a tutorial about this.
Cheers,
J.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

application management

tibi

list readers,

i have some 10 appfuse applications up and running (thanks matt!) and my
client is interested in active monitoring on these applications.
for most basic stuff should be checked like memory, drive, db
connection, some clients still alive.

is there an existing option which i can use for this?
or would it be an option to add a service which returns this status
information so a stand alone site could make nice greenbars?

have fun :D

tibi

Re: application management

You might look at something like MessAdmin.

http://messadmin.sourceforge.net/

It doesn't look like it's been updated in a while. Maybe there's something built into your app server?

Here's a thread on StackOverflow about this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/242958/best-tools-to-monitor-tomcat

On Oct 11, 2012, at 7:31 AM, tibi wrote:

> list readers,
>
> i have some 10 appfuse applications up and running (thanks matt!) and my
> client is interested in active monitoring on these applications.
> for most basic stuff should be checked like memory, drive, db
> connection, some clients still alive.
>
> is there an existing option which i can use for this?
> or would it be an option to add a service which returns this status
> information so a stand alone site could make nice greenbars?
>
> have fun :D
>

> tibi

Re: application management

tibi
i have javamelody added to one of my appfuse projects.
this works very well but not as an application management

1) its integrated in the application, so when the applications runs out
of memory or goes down javamelody will be down to
2) its looks at what users do, it does not check if the application is
working (ie no users is no activity but app still works)
3) it does not make any noise. when there is a problem it should send an
email/sms or some sound.

messadmin seems also to be integrated and yes not very active.

so thats why i think about adding a service and a separate management
app which can query all the different apps and send alerts when needed.
the app can be based on a appfuse stack very simple, an service should
not be to much work either....

On 10/11/2012 07:16 PM, Matt Raible wrote:

> You might look at something like MessAdmin.
>
> http://messadmin.sourceforge.net/
>
> It doesn't look like it's been updated in a while. Maybe there's something built into your app server?
>
> Here's a thread on StackOverflow about this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/242958/best-tools-to-monitor-tomcat
>
> On Oct 11, 2012, at 7:31 AM, tibi wrote:
>
>> list readers,
>>
>> i have some 10 appfuse applications up and running (thanks matt!) and my
>> client is interested in active monitoring on these applications.
>> for most basic stuff should be checked like memory, drive, db
>> connection, some clients still alive.
>>
>> is there an existing option which i can use for this?
>> or would it be an option to add a service which returns this status
>> information so a stand alone site could make nice greenbars?
>>
>> have fun :D
>>

>> tibi

Re: application management

Here's another one you might take a look at:

http://metrics.codahale.com/

Metrics is a Java library which gives you unparalleled insight into what your code does in production.
Developed by Yammer to instrument their JVM-based backend services, Metrics provides a powerful toolkit of ways to measure the behavior of critical components in your production environment.

With modules for common libraries like Jetty, Logback, Log4j, Apache HttpClient, Ehcache, JDBI, Jersey and reporting backends like Ganglia and Graphite, Metrics provides you with full-stack visibility.

Re: application management

tibi
interesting! we have a look at it.

tibi