Quantcast

AppFuse.next

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

AppFuse.next

mraible
Administrator
Hey all,

I was thinking about the things I'd like to include in the next release of AppFuse. Currently, I'm not sure if it would be version 2.5 or 3, but I'm leaning toward the latter. Here's some things I've thought about doing:

AMP for all light modules
JSR 303 (might require removing or developing client-side support)
Mockito instead of jMock/EasyMock
AMP one-to-many
HTML5 Boilerplate
wro4j for concatenation and minimizing JS and CSS
Gradle example
Java 6 required

Are there any other items you'd like to see? Any of these you don't think are necessary?

Thanks,

Matt
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: AppFuse.next

Frans Thamura-3
how about a multidevices rendering with ajax, and full REST
F


On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey all,

I was thinking about the things I'd like to include in the next release of AppFuse. Currently, I'm not sure if it would be version 2.5 or 3, but I'm leaning toward the latter. Here's some things I've thought about doing:

AMP for all light modules
JSR 303 (might require removing or developing client-side support)
Mockito instead of jMock/EasyMock
AMP one-to-many
HTML5 Boilerplate
wro4j for concatenation and minimizing JS and CSS
Gradle example
Java 6 required

Are there any other items you'd like to see? Any of these you don't think are necessary?

Thanks,

Matt

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: AppFuse.next

Dale Newfield
In reply to this post by mraible
On 6/29/11 1:30 PM, Matt Raible wrote:
> Mockito instead of jMock/EasyMock

I've been writing ActionScript of late, so I've been fighting asMock and
can't speak from experience about my suggestion.  It is hearsay from a
colleague (whose opinion I trust and who has been develops more in Java
right now).  He speaks well of layering PowerMock atop Mockito.

<http://code.google.com/p/powermock/>

-Dale
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [appfuse-user] AppFuse.next

Anil G
In reply to this post by mraible
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: AppFuse.next

mraible
Administrator
In reply to this post by mraible

On Jun 29, 2011, at 11:35 PM, Ben Gill wrote:

With regards to JSR 303 - We wanted error messages appearing on the top of the screen.  When writing Spring Webflow or Spring MVC validators 'manually', we had control over the order (as the order would be dependant on the order we added to our errors object).  However, when we switched to JSR 303, we had no control over which annotation fired first in the POJO, so the error messages would come back in a different order each time (even for the same validation faults), and the order of the error messages would not map the order of the form fields.  So we ended up ditching it as we did not want to write a 'post validation error message sorter'.

Thanks Ben - this is good information.


When I read the spec I saw that you were on the committee Matt, have I been missing something?

Yes, I was on the committee, but didn't contribute much. This is part of the reason I'd like to start using it is to improve it and consolidate validation logic among AppFuse's frameworks. The RI is an open source project, so we can improve it by using it.


On 29 June 2011 18:30, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey all,

I was thinking about the things I'd like to include in the next release of AppFuse. Currently, I'm not sure if it would be version 2.5 or 3, but I'm leaning toward the latter. Here's some things I've thought about doing:

AMP for all light modules
JSR 303 (might require removing or developing client-side support)
Mockito instead of jMock/EasyMock
AMP one-to-many
HTML5 Boilerplate
wro4j for concatenation and minimizing JS and CSS
Gradle example
Java 6 required

Are there any other items you'd like to see? Any of these you don't think are necessary?

Thanks,

Matt



--
Ben Gill
The Object Factory
Mobile: (07584) 439620
 
Curzon House
64 Clifton Street
London EC2A 4HB
 
E-mail: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.theobjectfactory.co.uk

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [appfuse-user] Re: AppFuse.next

mraible
Administrator
In reply to this post by Anil G
<base href="x-msg://521/">Yes, switching to jQuery is a good idea, I'll add that to the list. If we move to something that requires JavaScript be enabled, we might lose some government users that require 508-compliance. I'm OK with that though as I think we should be developing apps that depend on JavaScript for better responsiveness. I'd love to get rid of Struts Menu too, but don't know if there's a good JS/CSS menu that allows showing/hiding elements based on roles. I suppose we could have a menu service that JS calls to get the items and do the filtering in the service.

On Jun 29, 2011, at 11:44 PM, Anil Gothal wrote:

With HTML5, how about integrating jQuery and dropping rigid displaytag for google grid (json,jquery table plugin)..
 
From: Matt Raible [mailto:[hidden email]] 
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:30 AM
To: AppFuse Users
Cc: AppFuse Developers
Subject: [appfuse-user] AppFuse.next
 
Hey all,

I was thinking about the things I'd like to include in the next release of AppFuse. Currently, I'm not sure if it would be version 2.5 or 3, but I'm leaning toward the latter. Here's some things I've thought about doing:

AMP for all light modules
JSR 303 (might require removing or developing client-side support)
Mockito instead of jMock/EasyMock
AMP one-to-many
HTML5 Boilerplate
wro4j for concatenation and minimizing JS and CSS
Gradle example
Java 6 required

Are there any other items you'd like to see? Any of these you don't think are necessary?

Thanks,

Matt

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [appfuse-user] Re: AppFuse.next

Amit Goyal
One feature that I would like to come with appfuse is integration with 3rd party apis. For example, facebook connect, plugin for invite friends from facebook/gmail etc.

These features are available in almost all the new website and I believe it would be a useful feature.

Using JQuery is a indeed a good idea.

Amit

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, switching to jQuery is a good idea, I'll add that to the list. If we move to something that requires JavaScript be enabled, we might lose some government users that require 508-compliance. I'm OK with that though as I think we should be developing apps that depend on JavaScript for better responsiveness. I'd love to get rid of Struts Menu too, but don't know if there's a good JS/CSS menu that allows showing/hiding elements based on roles. I suppose we could have a menu service that JS calls to get the items and do the filtering in the service.

On Jun 29, 2011, at 11:44 PM, Anil Gothal wrote:

With HTML5, how about integrating jQuery and dropping rigid displaytag for google grid (json,jquery table plugin)..
 
From: Matt Raible [mailto:[hidden email]] 
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:30 AM
To: AppFuse Users
Cc: AppFuse Developers
Subject: [appfuse-user] AppFuse.next
 
Hey all,

I was thinking about the things I'd like to include in the next release of AppFuse. Currently, I'm not sure if it would be version 2.5 or 3, but I'm leaning toward the latter. Here's some things I've thought about doing:

AMP for all light modules
JSR 303 (might require removing or developing client-side support)
Mockito instead of jMock/EasyMock
AMP one-to-many
HTML5 Boilerplate
wro4j for concatenation and minimizing JS and CSS
Gradle example
Java 6 required

Are there any other items you'd like to see? Any of these you don't think are necessary?

Thanks,

Matt


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: AppFuse.next

mraible
Administrator
In reply to this post by Frans Thamura-3
Mobile support is an excellent idea. Full REST support is already supplied by CXF. I hope to write up a blog post in the near feature about how you can authenticate against AppFuse using OAuth and talk to its REST services.

On Jun 29, 2011, at 6:31 PM, Frans Thamura wrote:

how about a multidevices rendering with ajax, and full REST
F


On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 12:30 AM, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey all,

I was thinking about the things I'd like to include in the next release of AppFuse. Currently, I'm not sure if it would be version 2.5 or 3, but I'm leaning toward the latter. Here's some things I've thought about doing:

AMP for all light modules
JSR 303 (might require removing or developing client-side support)
Mockito instead of jMock/EasyMock
AMP one-to-many
HTML5 Boilerplate
wro4j for concatenation and minimizing JS and CSS
Gradle example
Java 6 required

Are there any other items you'd like to see? Any of these you don't think are necessary?

Thanks,

Matt


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: AppFuse.next

David Whitehurst-2
In reply to this post by mraible
I would like to see some complexity in an example web service, i.e.
where the XML messages have some depth to them.  I don't know if this
is possible but I have also wanted to see the default functionality
beefed up a bit.  The annotations make the web service seem simple
enough but I've found that complex XML requests and responses take a
LOT more work and can't be hosted with just an annotation.

Again, this may not be possible because more functionality would be
needed in the base application overall.  I also see that a lot of IOS
applications rely on a central web service/application for a network
hub so to speak and AppFuse could fill that need.

David

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I was thinking about the things I'd like to include in the next release of
> AppFuse. Currently, I'm not sure if it would be version 2.5 or 3, but I'm
> leaning toward the latter. Here's some things I've thought about doing:
>
> AMP for all light modules
> JSR 303 (might require removing or developing client-side support)
> Mockito instead of jMock/EasyMock
> AMP one-to-many
> HTML5 Boilerplate
> wro4j for concatenation and minimizing JS and CSS
> Gradle example
> Java 6 required
>
> Are there any other items you'd like to see? Any of these you don't think
> are necessary?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt
>



--
David L. Whitehurst
Software Professional (Raleigh NC)
919-605-6529 (mobile)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [appfuse-user] Re: AppFuse.next

Marcin Zajączkowski
In reply to this post by Amit Goyal
On 2011-06-30 15:33, Amit Goyal wrote:
> One feature that I would like to come with appfuse is integration with 3rd
> party apis. For example, facebook connect, plugin for invite friends from
> facebook/gmail etc.
>
> These features are available in almost all the new website and I believe it
> would be a useful feature.

I'm personally not a big fan of FB and not sure what would it be in
AppFuse for, but recently I was on a JUG presentation in Warsaw and to
logging via OpenId and in addition to integration with FB, Twitter or
LinkedIn API project Spring Social could be used:
http://www.springsource.org/spring-social


Regards
Marcin




>
> Using JQuery is a indeed a good idea.
>
> Amit
>
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes, switching to jQuery is a good idea, I'll add that to the list. If we
>> move to something that requires JavaScript be enabled, we might lose some
>> government users that require 508-compliance. I'm OK with that though as I
>> think we should be developing apps that depend on JavaScript for better
>> responsiveness. I'd love to get rid of Struts Menu too, but don't know if
>> there's a good JS/CSS menu that allows showing/hiding elements based on
>> roles. I suppose we could have a menu service that JS calls to get the items
>> and do the filtering in the service.
>>
>> On Jun 29, 2011, at 11:44 PM, Anil Gothal wrote:
>>
>> With HTML5, how about integrating jQuery and dropping rigid displaytag for
>> google grid (json,jquery table plugin)..****
>> ** **
>> *From:* Matt Raible [mailto:[hidden email]]
>> *Sent:* Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:30 AM
>> *To:* AppFuse Users
>> *Cc:* AppFuse Developers
>> *Subject:* [appfuse-user] AppFuse.next****
>> ** **
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I was thinking about the things I'd like to include in the next release of
>> AppFuse. Currently, I'm not sure if it would be version 2.5 or 3, but I'm
>> leaning toward the latter. Here's some things I've thought about doing:
>>
>> AMP for all light modules
>> JSR 303 (might require removing or developing client-side support)
>> Mockito instead of jMock/EasyMock
>> AMP one-to-many
>> HTML5 Boilerplate
>> wro4j for concatenation and minimizing JS and CSS
>> Gradle example
>> Java 6 required
>>
>> Are there any other items you'd like to see? Any of these you don't think
>> are necessary?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matt****
>>
>>
>>
>


--
http://solidsoft.wordpress.com/ - Working code is not enough

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [appfuse-user] Re: AppFuse.next

basem zohdy
jfreechart and some BI functionality

Thanks
Bassem R. Zohdy
[hidden email]
+97433828219
+20111948800
+971501057058


2011/7/2 Marcin Zajączkowski <[hidden email]>
On 2011-06-30 15:33, Amit Goyal wrote:
> One feature that I would like to come with appfuse is integration with 3rd
> party apis. For example, facebook connect, plugin for invite friends from
> facebook/gmail etc.
>
> These features are available in almost all the new website and I believe it
> would be a useful feature.

I'm personally not a big fan of FB and not sure what would it be in
AppFuse for, but recently I was on a JUG presentation in Warsaw and to
logging via OpenId and in addition to integration with FB, Twitter or
LinkedIn API project Spring Social could be used:
http://www.springsource.org/spring-social


Regards
Marcin




>
> Using JQuery is a indeed a good idea.
>
> Amit
>
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes, switching to jQuery is a good idea, I'll add that to the list. If we
>> move to something that requires JavaScript be enabled, we might lose some
>> government users that require 508-compliance. I'm OK with that though as I
>> think we should be developing apps that depend on JavaScript for better
>> responsiveness. I'd love to get rid of Struts Menu too, but don't know if
>> there's a good JS/CSS menu that allows showing/hiding elements based on
>> roles. I suppose we could have a menu service that JS calls to get the items
>> and do the filtering in the service.
>>
>> On Jun 29, 2011, at 11:44 PM, Anil Gothal wrote:
>>
>> With HTML5, how about integrating jQuery and dropping rigid displaytag for
>> google grid (json,jquery table plugin)..****
>> ** **
>> *From:* Matt Raible [mailto:[hidden email]]
>> *Sent:* Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:30 AM
>> *To:* AppFuse Users
>> *Cc:* AppFuse Developers
>> *Subject:* [appfuse-user] AppFuse.next****
>> ** **
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I was thinking about the things I'd like to include in the next release of
>> AppFuse. Currently, I'm not sure if it would be version 2.5 or 3, but I'm
>> leaning toward the latter. Here's some things I've thought about doing:
>>
>> AMP for all light modules
>> JSR 303 (might require removing or developing client-side support)
>> Mockito instead of jMock/EasyMock
>> AMP one-to-many
>> HTML5 Boilerplate
>> wro4j for concatenation and minimizing JS and CSS
>> Gradle example
>> Java 6 required
>>
>> Are there any other items you'd like to see? Any of these you don't think
>> are necessary?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matt****
>>
>>
>>
>


--
http://solidsoft.wordpress.com/ - Working code is not enough


Loading...