AppFuse services to remain until April 28, 2017

AppFuse services to remain until April 28, 2017

Hello all,

I announced the retirement of the AppFuse project a few minutes ago on my blog.

http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/moving_appfuse_into_the_attic

Here’s an except about the project’s supporting servers and services:

——
The good news is I've worked out a deal with Contegix to keep appfuse.org up and running for the next year. The demos, documentationand bug tracker will be available until April 30, 2017. Bamboo and FishEye will be discontinued in the next week since they're too memory intensive for a smaller server. I'd love to figure out a way to export all the documentation from Confluence to Asciidoctor so everything can be on GitHub for years to come. However, there's something to be said for just letting a project fade away rather than holding onto nostalgic artifacts.

On a related note, Java.net will be closing in a year from today. AppFuse started on SourceForge, but moved to appfuse.java.net shortly after. Today, the only thing left on java.net are AppFuse's mailing lists. I suppose it makes sense that both projects will cease to exist around the same time.
——

Cheers,

Re: AppFuse services to remain until April 28, 2017

Flávio Oliva
Hi my friend! I have been following appfuse since it's begining and I am big fan of it! However, dispite all that I am sure you are in a better vibe right now! You are now int the JHipister project!!!!!! By Coincidence I found out about JHipster by searching on the web and saw you name there as its main evangelist and contributor! From my point of view Appfuse became JHipister, a way more powerful kickstar application! Congratulations for the good job Matt! You surely are the guy!

Once I have asked you if appfuse one day would use spring-boot and there you go, it did!! Everyone from this list I definetely recomend JHipister as a kickstar application! Use it. It is awesome project and it solves a whole bunch o problems of appfuse's project!

Regards,

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

+55 61 8319 4588
[hidden email]