Friendly Name (File Upload)

David Whitehurst
Matt:

What’s the Friendly Name for on the file upload page? It’s not attached to the file in any way that I can see, nor is the record of the upload persisted along with this “friendly name”. Can you tell us:

1. Why is it there?
2. What is the concept or strategy?

David

David

Re: Friendly Name (File Upload)

David Whitehurst
Thanks. I've been trying to get the basic jQuery file upload to work with Tapestry and AppFuse high-level concept. And, I've currently ditched the multi-part post but I have the JavaScript sending a file and showing progress but I need to save the file and send a JSON response for the detail display page.

I'm going to document all this at a high level because it's complicated unless you do a lot of code review and digging online. When I'm done I'll make a screencast and let you tell me what you think.

Also, is there a particular JIRA issue that would help more with the next release?

David

Sent from my iPhone

David

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 10:54 AM, David Whitehurst <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks. I've been trying to get the basic jQuery file upload to work with Tapestry and AppFuse high-level concept. And, I've currently ditched the multi-part post but I have the JavaScript sending a file and showing progress but I need to save the file and send a JSON response for the detail display page.

I'm going to document all this at a high level because it's complicated unless you do a lot of code review and digging online. When I'm done I'll make a screencast and let you tell me what you think.

Also, is there a particular JIRA issue that would help more with the next release?

Here's a filter with the issues I'd like to fix for the next release. Is that what you're looking for?

David

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 3, 2015, at 12:07 PM, Matt Raible <[hidden email]> wrote:

I believe the reason I did it was to demonstrate a multi-part request, where text and binary are both handled.

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 9:12 PM, David Whitehurst <[hidden email]> wrote:
Matt:

What’s the Friendly Name for on the file upload page? It’s not attached to the file in any way that I can see, nor is the record of the upload persisted along with this “friendly name”. Can you tell us:

1. Why is it there?
2. What is the concept or strategy?

David

Re: Friendly Name (File Upload)

David Whitehurst
Matt:

I had the filter. I had thought that there was something specific that would help more, but I guess they all need to be done. I’ll be sure to assign myself whatever I work on. And, I just realized that you don’t have a schedule for the release of 3.5.

Thanks,

David