Importing projects in Standard Maven JEE Project Structure, to any IDE.

Importing projects in Standard Maven JEE Project Structure, to any IDE.

sam8881
Hi, I have tried the demo using AppFuse 3.50 basic Spring Archetype, impressed by its functionality available in a given stack or package. The best to play with the demo is to load the Maven jetty built demo into MyEclipse or other IDEs. However it took me a while to make it runnable on MyEclipse 2014, with a badly formatted project structure, on latest Mac setup. The Standard Maven Project Structure helps developers to easily follow the framework, classes and their implementations. Can it be done in AppFuse?

Sam Lee

Re: Importing projects in Standard Maven JEE Project Structure, to any IDE.

Hello Sam,

An AppFuse-generated project should follow the standard maven project structure. What do you see in AppFuse that does not do this?

> On Apr 22, 2016, at 3:49 AM, sam8881 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, I have tried the demo using AppFuse 3.50 basic Spring Archetype,
> impressed by its functionality available in a given stack or package. The
> best to play with the demo is to load the Maven jetty built demo into
> MyEclipse or other IDEs. However it took me a while to make it runnable on
> MyEclipse 2014, with a badly formatted project structure, on latest Mac
> setup. The Standard Maven Project Structure helps developers to easily
> follow the framework, classes and their implementations. Can it be done in
> AppFuse?
>
> Sam Lee

Re: Importing projects in Standard Maven JEE Project Structure, to any IDE.

sam8881
Hello Matt,
Thank you for your quick reply! On second look, I was wrong on that. AppFuse 3.5 does follow the Maven standard structure. However, I have been trying to apply: mvn appfuse:full-source on tutorial-spring project in the demo projects. The result contains 52 errors, cannot be complied at all. If I import the project into MyEclipse 2014, nothing is right, all codes show with red errors. But the embedded one is ok!

Thanks again
Sam Lee

Re: Importing projects in Standard Maven JEE Project Structure, to any IDE.

Did you create your own tutorial-spring or did you clone the completed one from GitHub?

> On Apr 24, 2016, at 9:59 AM, sam8881 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Matt,
> Thank you for your quick reply! On second look, I was wrong on that. AppFuse
> 3.5 does follow the Maven standard structure. However, I have been trying to
> apply: mvn appfuse:full-source on tutorial-spring project in the demo
> projects. The result contains 52 errors, cannot be complied at all. If I
> import the project into MyEclipse 2014, nothing is right, all codes show
> with red errors. But the embedded one is ok!
>
> Thanks again
> Sam Lee

Re: Importing projects in Standard Maven JEE Project Structure, to any IDE.

sam8881
I cloned the completed one from GitHub!

Send by my iPad

在 2016年4月25日,上午11:18,mraible [via AppFuse] <[hidden email]> 写道:

Did you create your own tutorial-spring or did you clone the completed one from GitHub?

> On Apr 24, 2016, at 9:59 AM, sam8881 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Matt,
> Thank you for your quick reply! On second look, I was wrong on that. AppFuse
> 3.5 does follow the Maven standard structure. However, I have been trying to
> apply: mvn appfuse:full-source on tutorial-spring project in the demo
> projects. The result contains 52 errors, cannot be complied at all. If I
> import the project into MyEclipse 2014, nothing is right, all codes show
> with red errors. But the embedded one is ok!
>
> Thanks again
> Sam Lee

NAML

Re: Importing projects in Standard Maven JEE Project Structure, to any IDE.

appfuse:full-source usually works best after you’ve created a new project with the mvn archetype:generate command. I’d recommend going that route rather than cloning an existing project and trying to run it on that.

Hope this helps,

Matt

On Apr 24, 2016, at 10:55 PM, sam8881 <[hidden email]> wrote:

I cloned the completed one from GitHub!

Send by my iPad

在 2016年4月25日,上午11:18,mraible [via AppFuse] <<a href="x-msg://16/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=4657898&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]> 写道:

Did you create your own tutorial-spring or did you clone the completed one from GitHub?

> On Apr 24, 2016, at 9:59 AM, sam8881 <<a href="x-msg://16/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=4657897&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Matt,
> Thank you for your quick reply! On second look, I was wrong on that. AppFuse
> 3.5 does follow the Maven standard structure. However, I have been trying to
> apply: mvn appfuse:full-source on tutorial-spring project in the demo
> projects. The result contains 52 errors, cannot be complied at all. If I
> import the project into MyEclipse 2014, nothing is right, all codes show
> with red errors. But the embedded one is ok!
>
> Thanks again
> Sam Lee

NAML

Sent from the AppFuse - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.