Quantcast

Missing version numbers in pom after appfuse:full-source?

Missing version numbers in pom after appfuse:full-source?

gerjan
Hi,

I tried to set up a Spring MVC basic archetype with Appfuse 2.1, but I
ran into problems after mvn appfuse:full-source. That command ran
without issues, but a subsequent mvn jetty:run-war complains about not
being able to find many dependencies. It appears that version numbers
for the full source deps are not added to the pom:

Unable to find resource 'opensymphony:sitemesh:pom:${sitemesh.version}'...
Unable to find resource
'org.apache.cxf:cxf-rt-transports-http:pom:${cxf.version}'...

So far I've been using 2.0.2. I don't remember seeing this before.

This is the sequence of commands I tried (also tried 2.1.0). Did I
miss anything?

mvn archetype:generate -B -DarchetypeGroupId=org.appfuse.archetypes
-DarchetypeArtifactId=appfuse-basic-spring-archetype
-DarchetypeVersion=2.1.1-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=foo.bar.itty
-DartifactId=itty
-DarchetypeRepository=http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/appfuse
mvn jetty:run-war
mvn appfuse:full-source
mvn jetty:run-war

Tia,

Ger-Jan

Re: Missing version numbers in pom after appfuse:full-source?

gerjan
Shamefully answering my own question:

I replaced the default MySQL database settings at the end of the pom
with my own local PostgreSQL settings, ending with
<jdbc.password>PASSWORD</jdbc.password> rather than the original
<jdbc.password/> I guess the full-source plugin looks for the marker
<jdbc.password/> to find out where to add the dependency version
properties. As it couldn't find this marker, the dep versions didn't
make it into the pom.

Ger-Jan

Quoting [hidden email]: