Re: [appfuse-user] Re: Visualised appfuse beans

Re: [appfuse-user] Re: Visualised appfuse beans

Radim Burget
Ahmed Mohombe wrote:

>> I have found it difficult to understand structure of some XML files
>> and after minutes of googling I have found a great tool to make graph
>> from XML files:
>>
>> Results for Appfuse could be found here:
>> http://raibledesigns.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=VisualBeans
>>
>> Hope it could be usefull for someone.
>
> They look just great.
> Could please you inline them? :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ahmed.

I guess I should inline used tools? Am I right? It is SpringViz and
GraphViz and links are already included.

Regards
Radim Burget

[appfuse-user] Re: Visualised appfuse beans

Ahmed Mohombe
>>> I have found it difficult to understand structure of some XML files
>>> and after minutes of googling I have found a great tool to make graph
>>> from XML files:
>>>
>>> Results for Appfuse could be found here:
>>> http://raibledesigns.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=VisualBeans
>>>
>>> Hope it could be usefull for someone.
>>

>> They look just great.
>> Could please you inline them? :)
 >
> I guess I should inline used tools? Am I right? It is SpringViz and
> GraphViz and links are already included.
Sorry for the stupid formulation :). I wanted to say the images look
great and to inline the links to the images in that WIKI page :), i.e.
the page to contain directly the images, not just the links :) . E.g.
like here:
http://raibledesigns.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=AppFuseDebug

Thanks,

Ahmed.

[appfuse-user] manager calling others managers

Benoit-3
Hi everybody,
i'm confused about calling a manager from another manager.
Is it possible ?
I've a few business objects which are managed by their own manager.
But now i want to have a manager wich perform various computation
with these differents objects.

Can you ask me on this ?
Thanks in advance,
Benoît.

Re: [appfuse-user] manager calling others managers

rafanami
Hi Benoit
In my opinion, Managers are scope-specific bold-grained components. You can add in the same Manager, calls to different DAOs, but I think it's better you leave the other calls to Managers to an Action or to a Servlet.

Best Regards

Rafael Mauricio Nami

On 7/26/05, Benoit MORAILLON <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everybody,
i'm confused about calling a manager from another manager.
Is it possible ?
I've a few business objects which are managed by their own manager.
But now i want to have a manager wich perform various computation
with these differents objects.

Can you ask me on this ?
Thanks in advance,
Benoît.

Re: [appfuse-user] manager calling others managers

Benoit-3
Thanks for your answer but i think it's not the aim of an action to call
different manager
in order to perform a business task....
I will probably do what you wrote but i would prefer to have all my
business logic in the service tiers
instead of having it in an action.

Rafael Nami wrote:

> Hi Benoit
> In my opinion, Managers are scope-specific bold-grained components.
> You can add in the same Manager, calls to different DAOs, but I think
> it's better you leave the other calls to Managers to an Action or to a
> Servlet.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Rafael Mauricio Nami
>
> On 7/26/05, *Benoit MORAILLON* <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi everybody,
>     i'm confused about calling a manager from another manager.
>     Is it possible ?
>     I've a few business objects which are managed by their own manager.
>     But now i want to have a manager wich perform various computation
>     with these differents objects.
>
>     Can you ask me on this ?
>     Thanks in advance,
>     Benoît.

>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: [appfuse-user] manager calling others managers

Matt Raible-3
You should be able to add a setOtherManager method (or constructor
argument) and then wire that dependency up in Spring's bean
definition.

Matt

On 7/26/05, Benoit MORAILLON <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> i'm confused about calling a manager from another manager.
> Is it possible ?
> I've a few business objects which are managed by their own manager.
> But now i want to have a manager wich perform various computation
> with these differents objects.
>
> Can you ask me on this ?
> Thanks in advance,
> Benoît.

Re: [appfuse-user] hibernate-xdoclet: the new composite features

Brett Knights-2
Hello,
I am using AppGen 1.8.1 and have a similar problem.

I have used middlegen to generate my POJOS and found that the difference between the middlegen generated .hbm.xml files and the AppFuse xDoclet generated .hbm.xml files is as you described.
(i.e., the appfuse hbms don't have the correct composite key fields.)

What did you end up doing to achieve satisfaction on this issue?

Were you able to modify your appfuse builds so that the generated .hbm files are not deleted?
Were you able to modify your appfuse POJO xDoclet comments so that the .hbm files were generated correctly?
Did you update something in Appfuse (newer xDoclet) so that the correct .hbm files are generated?

TIA

Brett Knights

> From: Gilberto C. Andrade <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [appfuse-user] hibernate-xdoclet: the new composite features
>

> Smiley,
>
> We as well! And after that we config middlegen to generate not the java
> code, the xdoclet tags as well! This way we could customize the code. ;-)
>
> Gilberto
>
> Smiley, Stuart A. wrote:
>
>>Gilberto,
>>
>>We had the same situation with a legacy database with a composite key in at
>>least half the tables, so we used middlegen to create our mapping files and
>>hbm2java to create our pojos.  Everything worked great and all the composite
>>keys were created as expected.
>>
>>Stuart

thanks a lot matt !

Matt Raible wrote:

>You should be able to add a setOtherManager method (or constructor
>argument) and then wire that dependency up in Spring's bean
>definition.
>
>Matt
>
>On 7/26/05, Benoit MORAILLON <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Hi everybody,
>>i'm confused about calling a manager from another manager.
>>Is it possible ?
>>I've a few business objects which are managed by their own manager.
>>But now i want to have a manager wich perform various computation
>>with these differents objects.
>>
>>Can you ask me on this ?
>>Thanks in advance,
>>Benoît.

Re: [appfuse-user] manager calling others managers

Andrew Premdas
I don't think there is anything wrong in Controllers/Actions using multiple managers if the form they're controlling uses multiple objects (or different parts of the service layer. Having a Manager per form can lead to alot of duplication. You can think of the controllers/actions using the service layer (rather than an individual manager)  to get what you need, and as Matt said use Spring to inject whatever managers a controller requires.

Just my 2c

All best

Andrew

Rafael Nami wrote:

> Hi Benoit
> In my opinion, Managers are scope-specific bold-grained components.
> You can add in the same Manager, calls to different DAOs, but I think
> it's better you leave the other calls to Managers to an Action or to a
> Servlet.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Rafael Mauricio Nami
>
> On 7/26/05, *Benoit MORAILLON* <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi everybody,
>     i'm confused about calling a manager from another manager.
>     Is it possible ?
>     I've a few business objects which are managed by their own manager.
>     But now i want to have a manager wich perform various computation
>     with these differents objects.
>
>     Can you ask me on this ?
>     Thanks in advance,
>     Benoît.

>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: [appfuse-user] manager calling others managers

Matt Raible-3
BTW, I posted an entry a while back on my blog that discusses a single
manager or multiple fine-grained managers.  Since it's a similar
topic, I figured I'd post it here.

http://raibledesigns.com/page/rd?anchor=one_big_service_class_or

Matt

On 7/27/05, Andrew Premdas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't think there is anything wrong in Controllers/Actions using multiple
> managers if the form they're controlling uses multiple objects (or different
> parts of the service layer. Having a Manager per form can lead to alot of
> duplication. You can think of the controllers/actions using the service
> layer (rather than an individual manager)  to get what you need, and as Matt
> said use Spring to inject whatever managers a controller requires.
>
>  Just my 2c
>
>  All best
>
>  Andrew
>

> On 7/26/05, Benoit MORAILLON <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thanks for your answer but i think it's not the aim of an action to call
> > different manager
> > in order to perform a business task....
> > I will probably do what you wrote but i would prefer to have all my
> > business logic in the service tiers
> > instead of having it in an action.
> >

> > Rafael Nami wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Benoit
> > > In my opinion, Managers are scope-specific bold-grained components.
> > > You can add in the same Manager, calls to different DAOs, but I think
> > > it's better you leave the other calls to Managers to an Action or to a
> > > Servlet.
> > >
> > > Best Regards
> > >
> > > Rafael Mauricio Nami
> > >
> > > On 7/26/05, *Benoit MORAILLON* < [hidden email]
> > > <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> > >
> > >     Hi everybody,
> > >     i'm confused about calling a manager from another manager.
> > >     Is it possible ?
> > >     I've a few business objects which are managed by their own manager.
> > >     But now i want to have a manager wich perform various computation
> > >     with these differents objects.
> > >
> > >     Can you ask me on this ?
> > >     Thanks in advance,
> > >     Benoît.

> > >     <mailto:[hidden email]>
> > >     For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > >     <mailto:[hidden email] >

Re: [appfuse-user] manager calling others managers

Matt Raible-3
Oops, forgot to mention this entry got picked up by TSS, so there's
more comments there:

http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=23705

Matt