Spring Boot integration with Appfuse

Flávio Oliva
Hi Matt, first of all i would like to say that I follow you work since the begining of it, and I am a big fan of appfuse project!

Let me go to the my point...

I have been working with Heroku and OpenShift for a while and from my point of view they are very good services to deploy appfuser projects on a production-like enviroment for real internet based tests.

I have developed spring boot applications I liked it very much. Do you consider integrating spring boot into appfuse projetct at anytime? it would be a great upgrade to de project infrastructure i would say!

please, share your thoughs about spring boot with us!

Best Regards!

--
Flávio Oliva
+55 61 8319 4588

Re: Spring Boot integration with Appfuse

I agree that Spring Boot is a nice project. I've been using it myself on client projects for the last couple of years.

The main goals for the next release are to get rid of XML and move to Java 8.

The #NoXML issue in JIRA has some questions that I've copied below for your convenience:

Open questions:

  1. Should we remove DbUnit? It should be possible if we update tests to not rely on pre-existing data.
  2. Should we remove Canoo WebTest? AppFuse Light uses jWebUnit so we could migrate to that.
  3. Can we configure Hibernate, EhCache and Log4J w/o XML? We currently have config files for each.
  4. Should integrate Spring Boot? I believe this would simplify things.

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 11:16 AM Flávio Oliva <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Matt, first of all i would like to say that I follow you work since the begining of it, and I am a big fan of appfuse project!

Let me go to the my point...

I have been working with Heroku and OpenShift for a while and from my point of view they are very good services to deploy appfuser projects on a production-like enviroment for real internet based tests.

I have developed spring boot applications I liked it very much. Do you consider integrating spring boot into appfuse projetct at anytime? it would be a great upgrade to de project infrastructure i would say!

please, share your thoughs about spring boot with us!

Best Regards!

--
Flávio Oliva
+55 61 8319 4588