appfuse:label doesn't support i18n and L10n?

appfuse:label doesn't support i18n and L10n?

legionar
When I introduced internationalization and localization to my app, I figured that wherever I use <appfuse:label> tag the key attribute inside of it doesn't translate.

Am I missing something, or do I have to replace these labels with regular tags?

Re: appfuse:label doesn't support i18n and L10n?

legionar
Oh, didn't know its enabled by default. Now its working when I removed related beans I added.

Thanks!

Re: appfuse:label doesn't support i18n and L10n?

legionar
One question, how do I set the default locale?

Re: appfuse:label doesn't support i18n and L10n?

The default locale is read from the user's browser preferences. If you change your settings to prefer a locale over English, it will show that language. If you'd like to hard-code the default, you should be able to do it in LocaleFilter.java.

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 7:43 AM, legionar <[hidden email]> wrote:
One question, how do I set the default locale?

Re: appfuse:label doesn't support i18n and L10n?

zaztz
Hi, I was trying this out when I read this thread and couldn't get it to work.
Then after a while I realized that it's not working only for the login page.
But testing the appfuse demo login page works : http://demo.appfuse.org/appfuse-spring/login?locale=zh
I'm using Appfuse spring mvc 3.0 whereas the demo site is at 3.5 now.
Anyone can tell where I should start looking into this problem? I've checked through LocaleFilter and can't seem to find anything wrong.

Re: appfuse:label doesn't support i18n and L10n?

tibi
you use the ApplicationResources.properties for that.

the ApplicationResources.properties is the base and according on your
language settings
ApplicationResources_nl.properties or ApplicationResources_du.properties
etc...

tibi

On 19-08-15 09:10, zaztz wrote:

> Hi, I was trying this out when I read this thread and couldn't get it to
> work.
> Then after a while I realized that it's not working only for the login page.
> But testing the appfuse demo login page works :
> http://demo.appfuse.org/appfuse-spring/login?locale=zh
> I'm using Appfuse spring mvc 3.0 whereas the demo site is at 3.5 now.
> Anyone can tell where I should start looking into this problem? I've checked
> through LocaleFilter and can't seem to find anything wrong.

Re: appfuse:label doesn't support i18n and L10n?

zaztz
Hi, I do know that.
It's working fine in other pages AFTER login. But the login page itself shows only english.
I'm wondering if there is something specifically WIPING out the locale set by LocaleFilter.
Since it's working in 3.5 and not for 3.0, I was hoping someone who knows what was fixed in between 3.5 to make it working for Login.