[appfuse-user] different timezones for different users

[appfuse-user] different timezones for different users

Nathan Anderson
Greetings all,

The "newbie" timezone question made me think of something else that will
become an issue for my project.  I'll have users in different timezones
and I cannot expect them to figure out what the timestamps mean when
represented in GMT.  Has anyone come up with a mechanism for assigning
timezones to users?

Thanks,
Nathan

Re: [appfuse-user] different timezones for different users

Matt Raible-3
On my last project, we stored dates in GMT, but formatted them so
they'd show up in the user's timezone.

Matt

Matt Raible wrote:

>On my last project, we stored dates in GMT, but formatted them so
>they'd show up in the user's timezone.
>
>Matt

Oh.. based on the browser settings... duh, that makes sense... thanks.

Nathan

>On 7/27/05, Nathan Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Greetings all,
>>
>>The "newbie" timezone question made me think of something else that will
>>become an issue for my project.  I'll have users in different timezones
>>and I cannot expect them to figure out what the timestamps mean when
>>represented in GMT.  Has anyone come up with a mechanism for assigning
>>timezones to users?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Nathan

[appfuse-user] RE: [tech] Re: [appfuse-user] different timezones for different users

Ernesto Echeverria
In my JSP file I use for displaying time:

        <fmt:timeZone value="GMT-6:00">
        <fmt:formatDate value="${phoneCall.startTime}"
type="both" dateStyle="full" timeStyle="full" />
        </fmt:timeZone>

Of course, the GMT-6 cand be switched to something based on the user's own
locale settings...