how to generate test classes by Maven goals?

how to generate test classes by Maven goals?

Saeid
This post was updated on .
Hi everybody!

A couple of days ago i was following the standard tutorial about APF Maven plugin (specially mvn appfuse: gen) , therewith I was struck with a question :

" How can we just generate Test classes automatically without using mvn appfuse:gen? "

Any Idea?
thanks in advance!

Re: how to generate test classes automatically?

There is a goal for generating just DAO's and Managers and their tests (appfuse:gen-core). You can also do this for web-related classes with appfuse:gen-web.

You could run either one of these to generate everything, then delete the classes you don't want. Just make sure your project is in source control before doing it.

Hope this helps,

Matt

> On Apr 7, 2015, at 9:57 AM, Saeid <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi everybody!
> A couple of days ago i was following the standard tutorial about  APF Maven
> plugin (specially mvn appfuse: gen)
> <http://appfuse.org/display/APF/AppFuse+Maven+Plugin>   , therewith stroke a
> question with my mind :
>
> How can we just generate Test classes automatically without using mvn
> appfuse:gen?
>
> Any Idea?

Re: how to generate test classes by Maven goals?

Saeid
This post was updated on .
thanks matt!
indeed, that was what i did before! Anyway... I think it might be a good subject to be recovered in the next versions. not?

Another case: I've been working on "Struts Integration with Test" since a month ago and reading so many articles about the differences between. but ,honestly say, they seemed very abstract , indeed.

My question is what parts really do "integration tests" ,in case of the APF?

thanks again!

Re: how to generate test classes automatically?

I would suggest writing the tests before the implementation classes.

What's your use case? Why do you want this feature? We can add it, just not sure how much it will get used.

Cheers,

Matt

dear matt!
I'll agree with you in "writing the tests before the implementation classes." but in case of "use case" I'll ask you What use case more important than "The Rapid Development"?