weblogic deployment

12

weblogic deployment

tome
Hi,

While deploying in weblogic 10.3.3 I am getting error " Failed to create scan factory for basePackage" . Any idea hoow t resolve it?

Re: weblogic deployment

tibi
and in tomcat/jetty it works?

On 04/18/2012 01:18 PM, tome wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While deploying in weblogic 10.3.3 I am getting error " Failed to create
> scan factory for basePackage" . Any idea hoow t resolve it?
>
> Thanks,

Re: weblogic deployment

tome
Hi Tibi

I haven't tried in tomcat/jetty, the detail message is below, seems spring scan is not able to look for the package/ nested exception is java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:

PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property 'bus' threw exception; nested excepti
on is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'compass' defined in URL [zip:/op
t/oracle/wls/user_projects/domains/base_domain/servers/AppSrv_4/tmp/_WL_user/web-1/mfoje4/war/WEB-INF/lib/_wl_cls_gen.jar!/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.compass.core.config.ConfigurationException: Failed to create scan factory for basePackage [org/appfuse] and url [zip:/opt/oracle/wls/user_projects/domains/base_domain/servers/AppSrv_4/tmp/_WL_user/web-1/mfoje4/war/WEB-INF/lib/_wl_cls_gen.jar!/org/appfuse]; nested exception is java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: /opt/oracle/wls/user_projects/domains/base_domain/servers/AppSrv_4/tmp/_WL_user/web-1/mfoje4/war/WEB-INF/lib/_wl_cls_gen.jar

Re: weblogic deployment

tome
Yes it works with tomcat/jetty

Re: weblogic deployment

tibi
Do you use compass??

Sent from my HTC

Re: weblogic deployment

tome
I am trying to deploy the appfuse JSF modular archetype without any alteration. Build up the package using eclipse m2e and while deploying the war file to weblogic got this error. I thought without tweak it should work but failed.Well right now it's not useful but may come handy as real project build on top of it.

Let me know how to disable it, as of now just wanted to run the application on weblogic.

Re: weblogic deployment

tibi
In the startup listener you can turn compass off.

Tibi
Bhit

Sent from my HTC

Re: weblogic deployment

tome
newbie
Tell me the exact path or file name?

Re: weblogic deployment

tome
Hi Tibi,

Please let me know how to turn off the compass or alternative , cannot move further.

Thanks

Re: weblogic deployment

In StartupListener.java, remove the following two lines:

        CompassGps compassGps = ctx.getBean(CompassGps.class);
        compassGps.index();

On Apr 24, 2012, at 10:40 AM, tome wrote:

> Hi Tibi,
>
> Please let me know how to turn off the compass or alternative , cannot move
> further.
>
> Thanks

Re: weblogic deployment

tome
Hi Matt,

Even after comment out, getting the same eexceptions, any help greatly appreciated.

ERROR [[STANDBY] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] SpringSecurityCoreVersion.<clinit>(24) | Spring Major version '3' expected, but you are running with version: 2.5.6.SEC01. Please check your classpath for unwanted jar files.
WARN [[STANDBY] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] DisposableBeanAdapter.invokeCustomDestroyMethod(283) | Invocation of destroy method 'shutdown' failed on bean with name 'cxf': org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationNotAllowedException: Error creating bean with name 'compass': Singleton bean creation not allowed while the singletons of this factory are in destruction (Do not request a bean from a BeanFactory in a destroy method implementation!)
ERROR [[STANDBY] ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(220) | Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletTransportFactory' defined in class path resource [META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested PropertyAccessExceptions (2) are:
PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property 'bus' threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'compass' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.compass.core.config.ConfigurationException: Failed to create scan factory for basePackage [org/appfuse] and url [zip:C:/Documents and Settings/user/Application Data/JDeveloper/system11.1.2.1.38.60.81/DefaultDomain/servers/DefaultServer/tmp/_WL_user/map/v5dny6/war/WEB-INF/lib/_wl_cls_gen.jar!/org/appfuse]; nested exception is java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: c
PropertyAccessException 2: org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property 'transportIds' threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'compass' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.compass.core.config.ConfigurationException: Failed to create scan factory for basePackage [org/appfuse] and url [zip:C:/Documents and Settings/user/Application Data/JDeveloper/system11.1.2.1.38.60.81/DefaultDomain/servers/DefaultServer/tmp/_WL_user/map/v5dny6/war/WEB-INF/lib/_wl_cls_gen.jar!/org/appfuse]; nested exception is java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: c
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1361)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1086)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:517)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:190)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:580)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:895)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:425)

Re: weblogic deployment

I would try putting your project in a directory without spaces. If you look at the stacktrace, it looks like it could be tripping up on "Documents and Settings". Another thing you might try is searching StackOverflow.com for the error message you're seeing.

Hope this helps,

Matt

On Apr 24, 2012, at 1:15 PM, tome wrote:

> [...]
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:190)
> at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:580)
> at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:895)
> at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:425)

Tried on HP unix machine with no space in directory, got another errors. Seraching into stackOverFlow but so far no solution.

ERROR [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(220) | Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletTransportFactory' defined in class path resource [META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested PropertyAccessExceptions (2) are:
PropertyAccessException 1: org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property 'bus' threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'compass' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.compass.core.config.ConfigurationException: Failed to create scan factory for basePackage [org/appfuse] and url [zip:/opt/oracle/wls/user_projects/domains/base_domain/servers/AppSrv_5/tmp/_WL_user/map/8c8li2/war/WEB-INF/lib/_wl_cls_gen.jar!/org/appfuse]; nested exception is java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: /opt/oracle/wls/user_projects/domains/base_domain/servers/AppSrv_5/tmp/_WL_user/map/8c8li2/war/WEB-INF/lib/_wl_cls_gen.jar
PropertyAccessException 2: org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property 'transportIds' threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'compass' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.compass.core.config.ConfigurationException: Failed to create scan factory for basePackage [org/appfuse] and url [zip:/opt/oracle/wls/user_projects/domains/base_domain/servers/AppSrv_5/tmp/_WL_user/map/8c8li2/war/WEB-INF/lib/_wl_cls_gen.jar!/org/appfuse]; nested exception is java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: /opt/oracle/wls/user_projects/domains/base_domain/servers/AppSrv_5/tmp/_WL_user/map/8c8li2/war/WEB-INF/lib/_wl_cls_gen.jar
[...]

Since in weblogic, the deployment has many issues related to  Compass bean, I would like to know what is this compass bean for and how to replace it? I don't know spring much , any help would be great.

Looking for quick replacement/alternative , would focus on actual business development once get rid of this issue.

Re: weblogic deployment

tibi
did you try this :

On 04/25/2012 02:53 PM, tome wrote:

> Hi,
> Since in weblogic, the deployment has many issues related to  Compass bean,
> I would like to know what is this compass bean for and how to replace it? I
> don't know spring much , any help would be great.
>
> Looking for quick replacement/alternative , would focus on actual business
> development once get rid of this issue.
>
> Thanks,

Re: weblogic deployment

Compass is for searching entities. If you run "appfuse:full-source", you could remove the compass dependencies from pom.xml and then remove any annotations/classes/code that prevents compilation.

I'd ask your questions on the users list from now on - that gets much more traffic.

On Apr 25, 2012, at 6:53 AM, tome wrote:

> Hi,
> Since in weblogic, the deployment has many issues related to  Compass bean,
> I would like to know what is this compass bean for and how to replace it? I
> don't know spring much , any help would be great.
>
> Looking for quick replacement/alternative , would focus on actual business
> development once get rid of this issue.
>
> Thanks,

Re: weblogic deployment

Ashish0207
Hi,

I have deployed Appfuse 3.0.1-SNAPSHOT release with Spring MVC on Weblogic 12c.
To make AppFuse work on weblogic, you need to make some code changes for JPA and Hibernate.

I have also deployed the older web app version 2.5 on Weblogic 10.3.6.

Let me know if anybody needs any help!!! You can send me the errors and stack traces on ashish0207@gmail.com

I wish contribute the source code so that it will be available as archetype for download on Appfuse QuickStart.

Regards,
Ash

Re: weblogic deployment

Ashish0207
This post was updated on .
Please make following changes to app fuse application and it will work on Weblogic 12c.

To make Appfuse 3.0.1 Spring MVC release running on weblogic server.

1. Comment following dependency in pom.xml file

2. Add following validator dependency validation-api
<dependency>
<groupId>javax.validation</groupId>
<artifactId>validation-api</artifactId>
<version>1.1.0.Final</version>
<scope>runtime</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>

3. Persistence.xml file changes
Delete/comment following persistence provider.
<provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
Add <provider>org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider</provider> to persistence.xml file.

4. Add weblogic.xml file with following content

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wls:weblogic-web-app xmlns:wls="http://xmlns.oracle.com/weblogic/weblogic-web-app" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd http://xmlns.oracle.com/weblogic/weblogic-web-app http://xmlns.oracle.com/weblogic/weblogic-web-app/1.4/weblogic-web-app.xsd">
<wls:weblogic-version>12.1.1</wls:weblogic-version>
<wls:context-root>Demo</wls:context-root>

<wls:container-descriptor>

<wls:prefer-application-packages>
<wls:package-name>org.hibernate.*</wls:package-name>
<wls:package-name>org.slf4j.*</wls:package-name>
<wls:package-name>org.apache.commons.*</wls:package-name>
</wls:prefer-application-packages>
<wls:prefer-application-resources>
<wls:resource-name>org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class</wls:resource-name>
</wls:prefer-application-resources>
</wls:container-descriptor>
<wls:charset-params>
<wls:input-charset>
<wls:resource-path>/*</wls:resource-path>
<wls:java-charset-name>UTF-8</wls:java-charset-name>
</wls:input-charset>
</wls:charset-params>

</wls:weblogic-web-app>

5. Configure Datasource name which is created on weblogic server in web.xml and applicationContext-resources.xml file.

After making all these changes your project should run on web logic server. i have tried it on web Logic 12c server and it works.
Sample files are attached for your reference.
Cheers!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!

Regards,
Ash...

Re: weblogic deployment

Thanks for these instructions!

What is the dependency that should be commented in step #1? It didn't come through in your email.

On Aug 28, 2014, at 5:38 AM, Ashish0207 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please make following changes to app fuse application and it will work on
> Weblogic 12c.
>
> To make Appfuse 3.0.1 Spring MVC release running on weblogic server.
>
> 1. Comment following dependency in pom.xml file
>

> 2. Add following validator dependency validation-api
> <dependency>
> <groupId>javax.validation</groupId>
> <artifactId>validation-api</artifactId>
> <version>1.1.0.Final</version>
> <scope>runtime</scope>
> </dependency>
> <dependency>
>
> 3. Persistence.xml file changes
> Delete/comment following persistence provider.
> <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
> Add <provider>org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider</provider> to
> persistence.xml file.
>
> 4. Add weblogic.xml file with following content
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <wls:weblogic-web-app
> xmlns:wls="http://xmlns.oracle.com/weblogic/weblogic-web-app"
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd
> http://xmlns.oracle.com/weblogic/weblogic-web-app
> http://xmlns.oracle.com/weblogic/weblogic-web-app/1.4/weblogic-web-app.xsd">
> <wls:weblogic-version>12.1.1</wls:weblogic-version>
> <wls:context-root>Demo</wls:context-root>
>
> <wls:container-descriptor>
>
> <wls:prefer-application-packages>
> <wls:package-name>org.hibernate.*</wls:package-name>
> <wls:package-name>org.slf4j.*</wls:package-name>
> <wls:package-name>org.apache.commons.*</wls:package-name>
> </wls:prefer-application-packages>
> <wls:prefer-application-resources>
> <wls:resource-name>org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class</wls:resource-name>
> </wls:prefer-application-resources>
> </wls:container-descriptor>
> <wls:charset-params>
> <wls:input-charset>
> <wls:resource-path>/*</wls:resource-path>
> <wls:java-charset-name>UTF-8</wls:java-charset-name>
> </wls:input-charset>
> </wls:charset-params>
>

> </wls:weblogic-web-app>
>
> 5. Configure Datasource name which is created on weblogic server in web.xml
> and applicationContext-resources.xml file.
>
> After making all these changes your project should run on web logic server.
> i have tried it on web Logic 12c server and it works.
> Sample files are attached for your reference.
> Cheers!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!

Re: weblogic deployment

mraible wrote
Thanks for these instructions!

What is the dependency that should be commented in step #1? It didn't come through in your email.
The answer seems to be the jpa-api dependency. These instructions are also documented at:

http://issues.appfuse.org/browse/APF-1445
12